PROVIDENCE – Providence Business News on Friday announced the winners of its 2009 Business Excellence Awards, one of the region’s longest-running and best-known business recognition programs.
The winners in the seven award categories are:
• Business Leadership: Thomas M. Ryan, chairman, president and CEO of CVS Caremark Corp.
• Corporate Citizenship: William F. Hatfield, president, Bank of America Rhode Island
• Business Excellence at a Large Company: Atrion Networking Corp.
• Business Excellence at a Midsize Company: Vision 3 Architects
• Community Involvement: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
• Excellence at a Nonprofit: Rhode Island Community Food Bank
• Entrepreneurship: Cool Polymers Inc.
The winners will be celebrated at an awards dinner on Thursday, Nov. 19, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Providence Marriott Downtown, and featured in a PBN special section the next week. The keynote speaker at the dinner will be Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman and CEO of insurer FM Global. To make a reservation for the dinner, call (401) 273-2201, ext. 208.
The 2009 Business Excellence Awards competition is presented by Bank Rhode Island, and it is produced in partnership with Bryant University; Cox Business; Lefkowitz, Garfinkel, Champi & DeRienzo P.C.; Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP; USI Insurance; and WPRV-AM 790.
PBN is now accepting applications for its newest award program and event for RI & Bristol County to celebrate the Manufacturing Renaissance that is evolving regionally and across the country. The deadline for applications is March 20th.
PBN's annual Book of Lists has been an essential resource for the local business community for almost 30 years. The Book of Lists features a wealth of company rankings from a variety of fields and industries, including banking, health care, real estate, law, hospitality, education, not-for-profits, technology and many more.