PROVIDENCE – Providence Business News on Friday announced the winners of its 2009 Business Excellence Awards, one of the region’s longest-running and best-known business recognition programs.
The winners in the seven award categories are:
• Business Leadership: Thomas M. Ryan, chairman, president and CEO of CVS Caremark Corp.
• Corporate Citizenship: William F. Hatfield, president, Bank of America Rhode Island
• Business Excellence at a Large Company: Atrion Networking Corp.
• Business Excellence at a Midsize Company: Vision 3 Architects
• Community Involvement: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
• Excellence at a Nonprofit: Rhode Island Community Food Bank
• Entrepreneurship: Cool Polymers Inc.
The winners will be celebrated at an awards dinner on Thursday, Nov. 19, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Providence Marriott Downtown, and featured in a PBN special section the next week. The keynote speaker at the dinner will be Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman and CEO of insurer FM Global. To make a reservation for the dinner, call (401) 273-2201, ext. 208.
The 2009 Business Excellence Awards competition is presented by Bank Rhode Island, and it is produced in partnership with Bryant University; Cox Business; Lefkowitz, Garfinkel, Champi & DeRienzo P.C.; Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP; USI Insurance; and WPRV-AM 790.
PBN's annual Book of Lists has been an essential resource for the local business community for almost 30 years. The Book of Lists features a wealth of company rankings from a variety of fields and industries, including banking, health care, real estate, law, hospitality, education, not-for-profits, technology and many more.