Business Excellence Awards
Please Join PBN to Celebrate the 2014 Business Excellence Award Winners on Novem ...
BOSTON – Gov. Deval L. Patrick last week awarded nearly $2 million in grants to help train health care providers to improve patient service and reduce costs. The funding will go to 51 organizations across the state, including several in southeastern Massachusetts and one in Rhode Island.
The grants are designed to begin assessing how to prepare health care workers for the careers of the 21st-century economy, Patrick said in a statement. The award recipients may partner with hospitals, community centers and educational institutions to create new service-delivery models and determine what workforce skills and training are necessary for today’s workers.
Grant recipients included:
• Fellowship Health Resources Inc.: $40,224.70
• Brockton Hospital. Inc. Signature HealthCare: $49,586.
• Greater New Bedford Workforce Investment Board: $30,348.
• HealthFirst Family Care Center Inc.: $21,500.
• Royal Health Group LLC: $47,108.
• South Shore Hospital: $19,449.01.
• Southcoast Physicians Group Inc. of Southcoast Health System: $49,704 •