Tax Prep Made Easy - Putting Yourself and Your Accountant at Ease
Topic: Tax Planning
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Johnson & Wales University
Does the very thought of tax preparation make your eyes glaze over? We’ll identify practical steps you can take to make this burden a little lighter and maybe more lucrative as well.
- How should I keep my books to minimize my accounting bill?
- What is the best way to deduct auto expenses? Is a company car in my future?
- I pay a lot for my employees’ health insurance. Can I get the small business health credit?
- What about that “domestic production deduction”? I have fathered five sons.
- I have a home and an office. Can I deduct a home office?
- Can I save money by becoming incorporated or an LLC?
- I keep hearing about a $300 property tax refund from the state. Am I eligible?
- How long do I have to keep records?
Speaker(s): Rich Streitfeld is a personable CPA who “loves working with clients to help them build their businesses, save money on taxes and meet their financial needs. He is a partner “in a fabulous company (ALSD) with broad expertise and a large clientele”. Rich’s own clientele “runs the gamut from medical practices to dance companies; start-up health care providers to real estate entrepreneurs; clients in Florida, Hungary, and Ireland”. Rich is also a forensic accountant and has lectured to local and national audiences, live and through webinars.
PBN's annual Book of Lists has been an essential resource for the local business community for almost 30 years. The Book of Lists features a wealth of company rankings from a variety of fields and industries, including banking, health care, real estate, law, hospitality, education, not-for-profits, technology and many more.