PROVIDENCE – Ten local information technology practitioners and entrepreneurs were named the 2012 Tech10 award winners by industry association Tech Collective.
The awards – announced Wednesday – recognize the 10 “most accomplished IT practitioners, digital media professionals and entrepreneurs” in Rhode Island
“These are the do-ers, the go-to guys and gals. They are the geeks, the brainiacs, the ones who make the rest of us look like dolts and superstars all at the same time,” said a release.
The award winners were nominated by members of the local technology community.
- Denise Arruda, FM Global
- Stephanie Castilla, Highlander Institute
- Joshua Cliff, Atrion Networking Corp.
- David Esposito, FM Global
- John Florez, Drupal Connect
- Tim Gaulin, Clear Channel Providence
- Kevin Longo, OSHEAN
- Kathleen Malin, The Rhode Island Foundation
- Glenn Morin, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Carl Wooten, Vertical Performance Partners
Castilla, of the Highlander Institute, will receive an additional award for overall achievement.
“She stood out, even among the other nine winners,” said Tech Collective’s Melissa Punchak.
The recipients will be honored May 17 at an awards ceremony at Point Street Dueling Pianos from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.